Land Operations staff is responsible for helping maintain the properties held by SKLT by carrying out stewardship activities, monitoring and making improvements on SKLT protected land. Position reports directly to Land Management Director.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintenance of hiking trails including trail clearing, trash removal and sign maintenance, stone wall restoration
- Property monitoring, including posting boundaries
- Baseline documentation of property for easement &/or acquisition
- Maintenance and updating of GIS products including the creation of maps and map-related products
- Management of farm leases, including timely renewals, renegotiations and rent collections
- Machine and equipment maintenance
- Providing technical assistance to overall land management operations and SKLT staff
- Volunteer training and coordination, as needed
- Maintenance of records of time allocation for payroll and budgeting
- Attending meetings and assisting with events and special projects, as needed
- Have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Be physically fit and able to perform strenuous physical exercise, negotiate varied and possibly difficult terrain.
- Have a demonstrated ability to safely operate tractor, mower, chain saw and other power and hand tools necessary for the job at hand.
- Have and demonstrate field skills, including reading and interpreting maps and surveys, using handheld GPS equipment and exporting to GIS.
- Demonstrated proficiency with desktop GIS, ARCGIS software and RIGIS data
- Demonstrated ability to produce application-quality GIS maps
- Demonstrated reliability, with ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Quick learner with good powers of observation. Field natural history skills a plus.
- Ability to work well with a wide range of people, including SKLT staff and trustees, volunteers, and landowners.
- Good organizational skills, thoroughness, and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Hours: 10 hours per week, generally weekdays, occasionally weekends and evenings.
Rate: $25.00 per hour.
Please email cover letter and resume to: Search Committee, c/o Martha Day, firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15, 2016
For further information about South Kingstown Land Trust, please see www.sklt.org